Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year's and a Silver Lining...

It's been awhile....
YES, a long while...
For me, 2010 was full of ups and downs....
mostly, lots of sadness...
But, ended with peace, tranquility and yes, amazingly LOVE...
Ya see, I'm a silver lining kinda girl...
Yes, the glass is always half full, not half empty kinda girl,
The girl with the Rose Colored Glasses...
2010 went like this for me....
In January (January 11th to be specific) I finally got tired of my boyfriends infidelities..
I knew it was coming
In preparation, I purchased another home in October to make the move...
it was hard to do...
but another email from his girlfriend put me over the top...
I packed my car (2 cats and a dog) and anything I could grab at the time
and moved on...
January through April were tough months...
I forged ahead not knowing where life would take me...
I worked and trudged on with the day to day things,
I appeared to be okay, but inside it hurt...
April arrived and I started to date again...
Have I told you its hard dating at 48...
OMG...its hard!!
Match.com and I were partners...
but, I simply could not find anyone that had no drama...
then June arrived...
and on a fluke..
I went to a friend's Memorial Day Party...
and my life changed!!
I do not define myself by being with a man...
but ,like most of us, I do like companionship...
and incredibly, I found the most amazing man...
funny thing is, I had to call my friend the next day to asked her to give him my phone number..
we have been together since...
and, to say the least, he is simply amazing!!
Like, the kind where if he walks into a room I get butterflies in my stomach amazing...
and my heart goes pidder patter amazing...
I've always envied your relationships..
they appear to be incredible..
in fact, I frequently thought to myself "am I the only one out there was a horrible relationship?"
and so, for me
2011
I hope...no, I know!!
will be a year of happiness and rejuvenation!!
I hope each of you had a Happy New Years!!
and will have the most incredible 2011!!
I'll be back soon...
real soon...
since I've still been out there junking-
(did I mention the new beau likes junking...told you, match made in heaven)
and have some adventures to share with you...
girls, some things never change...lol ..
and regardless of what lies ahead for me, I will still be the glass is half full kinda girl with Rose Petals Glasses!!
Take care!!
Kerry

1 comment:

ShabbyESP said...

HaPPy New Year Kerry!!!!

Lucky you if you think it is hard to date at 48 try 55 :(
I hope your new year is wonderful for you!!!